Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Sunday Savings



School and work seem to have my schedule a bit CRAZY right now, so I'm thinking weekends are going to be my best time to "coupon." (Unless I find a really great deal during the week that I CAN"T pass up!!) The Sunday paper has two great sets of coupons today. I bought extra papers today to take advantage of the great coupons. After I clipped my coupons and organized them in my album, I read the sales papers to see what deals I could find and needed this week. I decided to go to two stores and buy a few things. The first deal I found was at Dollar General. They have Pedigree Dentastix buy 1, get 1 FREE. The regular price is $2.00 and I had two $1 off coupons. I ended up getting 4 packs of the Dentastixs for a total of $2.28 including tax. This is a great deal for me since I have 4 dogs. Four packs for cheaper than one pack would cost! Yay me!! I also went to Wallgreens this morning. They have Dawn Dish liquid for $0.99. In todays coupons they have a $0.25 off coupon. This would make the Dawn $0.74 a piece. I bought 3 Dawns for $2.22. I got 3 for what 1 bottle would normally be. I also bought Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner. It was 2 for $7 and a $2 Register Reward back. Of cousre, I had a coupon for these so I paid $2.oo for the shampoo and conditioner and got the $2 RR. That means basicly it was FREE. I also ended up getting a "special gift" if you bought certains things they had sitting on a table and checked out in cosmetics. Luckily for me, the Herbal Essence was one of the items. My "special gift" was a bunch of samples and coupons of beauty products of different brands like Olay, Eucerin, Garnier, and much more. All in all, I think I had a pretty good morning buying a few items. For less than $8.00 I got a lot of things I needed. This "couponing" is seeming easier than I thought it would be and fun to me. I feel like I'm in a competion everytime I go to checkout. According to my hubby, I like to WIN so I think this "couponing" thing is great for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment