Monday, April 11, 2011

Coupon Policies

The first time I heard of a coupon policy, I thought to myself "What in the world?" I really didn't think of the importance of the this. I just assumed that employees of each store knew about their individual policies on coupons. WRONG!!! I decided to read each store's policy that I shopped at. I printed them also. I was kind of heistant about this at first. I really thought I would never come into a situation where I would need it. WRONG AGAIN!!! I have learned that most cashiers have no clue about the coupons you are giving them. Just recently, I had to pull out my coupon policy for Wallgreens. I was buying an item that was advertised as B1G1 free. I gave her two manufacturer coupons for the items. She said that I could only use one coupon since it was a B1G1 Free promotion. I told her that according to their policy, I could use two coupons. She tried to argue with me and that is when I pulled out the Wallgreens coupon policy.
It clearly states:


WHEN ITEMS ARE FEATURED IN A BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE PROMOTION, UP TO TWO COUPONS CAN BE USED AGAINST THE ITEMS BEING PURCHASED.


She realized she was wrong and scanned both coupons. I have had to do this on several occasions. I ALWAYS carry the coupon policies with me for the stores that I shop at. I have them in my coupon organizer. I also have parts highlighted on each policy that occur most often. Coupons policies can be printed from each stores website or you can just google for each policy. I strongly suggest printing the policies and keeping each one with you. This is just another important step in saving money using coupons.


REMEMBER...SAVING MONEY MAKES CENTS.

1 comment: